FAQ n.19544

Is a TCO authorisation required by Business Aviation Operators?


It depends. If you perform commercial air transport under an Air Operator Certificate (AOC) (operating aircraft for hire to transport passengers, cargo or mail) the answer is yes. If you file flight plans using the flight types “N” or “S” then you are conducting commercial air transport operations and must hold a TCO authorisation issued by EASA in order to operate to EU territories.

Last updated: 

Was this helpful?

Vote up  44
Vote down  0