If the article design deviates from the requirements of the applicable ETSO standard the applicant needs to request an approval of a deviation in accordance with Commission Regulation (EU) No 748/2012. On the ETSO authorizations page we have listed all previously approved and rejected deviations sorted by ETSO standard. If the deviation in question has already been approved by EASA earlier please indicate so in the corresponding section of Form 34. If your request is regarding a new deviation you need to provide a deviation request to EASA. To get the deviation request accepted the applicant needs to provide a substantiation showing an “equivalent level of safety”.
The responsible project certification manager (PCM) will check this document. Before the final decision is taken the following steps must be completed:
- The PCM includes all relevant information in a consultation paper.
- The consultation paper is sent to the applicant for verification.
- The consultation paper is sent out for internal consultation in accordance with the Management Board decision N° 07-2004.
- Taking into account the comments received from this internal consultation, the PCM modifies the consultation paper for public consultation on the EASA website. The commenting period is 3 weeks.
- Received comments are collected in a Comment Response Document (CRD) which will be published with the list of approved or rejected comments.
- The deviation is either accepted or rejected and will be included in the corresponding list. In case of an accepted deviation the ETSO certificate is issued once compliance with all applicable requirements is demonstrated.