145.A.30(j)(3) is usually not applicable in case the CMRs included in an AD but it is not a “repetitive pre-flight airworthiness directive”,
145.A.30(j)(4) could be used for CMRs as long as all the applicable conditions are met. In particular:
- The aircraft is away from a supported location.
- Sufficient practical training has been carried out.
- There is a procedure in the Maintenance Organisation Exposition.
- The conditions of AMC 145.A.30(j)(4) are met (of other agreed with the competent authority which are consistent with this AMC). Please refer, in particular, to:
- the point 2(i) where it says “minor maintenance or simple checks”, and
- the point 2((i)e of this AMC, which states “Any check/replacement involving simple techniques consistent with this AMC and as agreed by the competent authority”
As a consequence, the competent authority should assess that the test is simple and that all the other conditions mentioned in 145.A.30(j)(4) and associated AMC/GMs are met.