Stay informed on COVID-19 updates from EASARead more

FAQ n.125441

I am a student pilot and I have successfully completed the theoretical examination and the skill test for the issue of a CPL/IR(A) in the UK. Can I apply for the issue of a Part-FCL CPL/IR to a competent authority of an EASA Member State?


Students who completed the training and examination for the licence issue in the UK before December 31, 2020 had a possibility to apply, before that date, to any competent authority of an EASA Member State for the issue of the licence.

After that date the recommendations for the theoretical and/or flight examination made by UK CAA approved training organisations (ATOs) or by declared training organisations (DTOs) under oversight of UK CAA as well as the skill test done with a UK certified examiner become invalid in EASA Member States.

However, valid theoretical knowledge examination completion certificates can be accepted by EASA Member States also after the 1 January 2021 for the purpose of issuing Part-FCL licenses and ratings in accordance with either Regulation (EU) 1178/2011 (for the issue of a Part FCL licence after completion of the flight training and testing under the responsibility of a an EASA Member State competent authority) or Delegated Regulation (EU) 2020/723 (in case of conversion of the UK Licence into a Part-FCL license), provided that those examination completion certificates are still within their validity period in accordance with FCL.025(c) in Annex 1 to Regulation (EU) 1178/2011 and provided that they were issued by the UK CAA before January 01, 2021 in full compliance with Annex 1 (Part-FCL) to Regulation (EU) 1178/2011. In particular, in accordance with FCL.025(a)(1) in Annex 1 (Part-FCL) to Regulation (EU) 1178/2011, the entire set of theoretical knowledge examinations for a specific licence or rating must have been taken under the responsibility of the UK CAA.

Last updated

Was this helpful?