Stay informed on COVID-19 updates from EASARead more

FAQ n.119255

Do I need to obtain an authorisation before flying my drone? ('specific' category)


When operating under the ‘specific’ category, if the operations can be conducted within the limitation of a standard scenario and using an appropriate drone, the drone operator only needs to submit a declaration to the National Aviation Authority and wait for the confirmation of receipt and completeness. For all other operations in the ’specific’ category, an operational authorisation issued by the National Aviation Authority is needed 

Last updated

Was this helpful?