FAQ n.20075

Which pilot licence is required for flying a third-country registered aircraft in the EU?


European pilots or pilots flying for a European operator will have to hold a European licence irrespective of whether the aircraft is EU registered or registered in a third country. 

It should be noted that European NCC pilots are entitled to fly with foreign licences in non-commercial operations until 8 April 2016.

Last updated

Was this helpful?