On 16 January 2017, an Arrangement was signed between the State Aviation Administration of Ukraine (SAAU) and the European Commission on the convergence of certification systems in the area of airworthiness. To support the implementation of this Arrangement, EASA launched the EASA-SAAU Airworthiness Convergence project, with the objective to:
- Support the effective implementation of the EU airworthiness requirements in Ukraine;
- Prepare the participation of SAAU in EASA’s activities;
- Reinforce SAAU’s structural capacity for airworthiness oversight.
This will be achieved through a wide range of activities, including regulatory and procedural harmonisation, as well as competency development activities such as awareness raising, workshops, training, peer-to-peer exchanges and on the spot support in the field of airworthiness.
- 13 – 14 March 2018: Change Product Rule Training – more info
- 21 February 2018: 2nd Steering Committee meeting – more info
- 31 January – 01 February 2018: Composite Structures Certification Seminar – more info
- 14 - 15 November 2017: Operational Suitability Data Training – more info
- 10 - 13 October 2017: Impact Assessment Training – more info
- 30 - 31 March 2017: kick off meeting
Ukraine is a priority country in the context of the European Neighbourhood Policy (ENP) and part of the EU’s Eastern Partnership (EaP). Reciprocally, Ukraine is seeking to intensify its relations with the EU. In this context, the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement was signed and ratified in 2014, while an EU-Ukraine Common Aviation Area (CAA) Agreement was initialled in November 2013. While the signature of the CAA agreement is still pending, a new Working Arrangement was concluded between EASA and Ukraine in January 2016, and the afore-mentioned Agreement on the Convergence of Certification Systems was signed between SAAU and the European Commission in January 2017.
Technical Cooperation Project Details
Project Manager: dietmar [dot] bloemen [at] easa [dot] europa [dot] eu
Operations Manager: mojca [dot] melaranta [at] easa [dot] europa [dot] eu
Project Assistant: gabriella [dot] garaffa [at] easa [dot] europa [dot] eu ; marie-christine [dot] fortin [at] easa [dot] europa [dot] eu