The Agency has prepared the implementing rules for aerodrome safety which then have been adopted by the European legislative institutions. Also at the same time EASA prepared the certification specifications (CS) for aerodrome design and the Acceptable means of compliance to the implementing rules AMC.
Current and planned rulemaking tasks in the field of Aerodromes
- RMT.0485 Requirements for Apron Management Services (Legal requirement by Regulation (EC) No 1108/2009)
- RMT.0589 Rescue and Fire Fighting Services (Development of IR addressing Rescue and Fire Fighting Services at aerodromes)
- RMT.0638 Heliports (Certification requirements for colocated VFR heliports)
- RMT.0591 Maintaining Aerodromes (Stemming from ICAO Annex 14 amendments)
- RMT.0161 Aerodrome Equipment (Implementing measures (IR) for the certification of Aerodrome Equipment)
For a more detailed overview of EASA rulemaking tasks you can refer to the corresponding documents found on our document library.
If you wish to contact the team for Airport Section please send an email to: aerodromes [at] easa.europa.eu