ED Decision 2005/001/CF established the Agency's Internal Certification Working Procedures. This decision followed MB Decision 3/2004 of 3 February 2004 of the Management Board concerning the general principles related to the certification procedures to be applied by the Executive Director for issuing of certificates for organisations (referred to by the Agency as the 'OCP Decision').
EASA POA related procedures are integrated into EASA Quality Management System.
Production Organisation Approvals (POAs) are managed by EASA in accordance with Subpart G of Regulation (EC) No 748/2012. The agency is responsible for:
- The management of all applications from non EU countries (or from an EU country upon request of that country) for production organisation approvals (POA).
- The issue of related certificates and their continued surveillance.
- Regulation (EC) No 216/2008 - Basic Regulation
- Relevant section of Regulation: Articles 5.2(e), 18(d), 20.2(b)(ii & iii), 20.2(c) 53.1
- Initial Airworthiness Regulation: Commission Regulation (EC) No 748/2012
- Relevant section of Regulation: Articles 1(h) & 49.
- Annex to Regulation (EC) No 748/2012 - (Part 21) Certification of aircraft and related products, parts and appliances, and of design and production organisations
- Relevant section of Part 21: Subpart G - Production Organisation Approval
- Acceptable Means of Compliance (AMC) and Guidance Material (GM) page.
- ED Decision 2003/001/RM
In addition to the essential requirements, their implementing rules, and their associated AMC and GM, EASA has developed a user guide with annexes describing the process to apply for an EASA POA and the process to manage an EASA POA.
- UG.POA.00067 User Guide for Production Organisations
- FO.POA.00004-001 POA eligibility evaluation checklist
- FO.POA.00009-001 POA Compliance Checklist
- FO.POA.00015-002 POE compliance checklist
The documents can be downloaded from the Download box on the top-right of the page.
List of Production Organisation Approvals (POA)
The list provide specific information about each POA. An explanatory note describing the codes and information used in these lists is also available.
A Production Organisation Approval can be applied for by submitting EASA Form 50 - Application for Part 21 POA (see Application Forms for Production Organisations) plus other documents and information as described in the User guide for applicants (UG.POA00067).
Othe Forms for Production Organisations:
- EASA Form 4 - Details of Management Personnel to be accepted as specified in Part 21A.145(c)(2)
Note: EASA Form 4 is to enable the POA Team Leader to confirm to the applicant the identity of those managers nominated in accordance with Part 21 Subpart G
- EASA Form 51 is used by POA holders to apply for significant changes or variation of scope and terms of Part 21 POA
Fees & Charges
In accordance with Commission Regulation (EU) 319/2014, the Agency levies fees and charges for all its certification and approvals activities.
For more information, please refer to the above-mentioned Fees & Charges Regulation or consult the Fees & Charges page.
Contacts for Production Organisations Approvals
Queries related to Production Organisations Approvals should be addressed to: foreignpoa [at] easa [dot] europa [dot] eu.
Letters and paper documents/records should be sent to:
European Aviation Safety Agency
Production Organisation Approvals
P.O. Box 10 12 53
D-50452 Cologne, Germany