EASA has been awarded a €5,000,000-Contract by the European Commission to support the sustainable development of civil aviation in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Republic of Moldova, Tajikistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, in line with international and European standards.
This Contract, which will be implemented during a period of 4 years starting in February 2016, will include:
- Training, peer-to-peer and on-the-spot support, as well as awareness raising;
- Dedicated initiatives on safety management and civil aviation administration management;
- Effectively addressing safety findings raised by ICAO or EASA audits;
- Support for the implementation of existing comprehensive aviation agreements, paving the way towards a Common Aviation Area;
- Support for the harmonisation of regulations and working practices with international safety and security standards.